A641.2.3.RB - Am I a Resonant Leader?


In conducting the assignment in our text I was rather surprised in my results as I had never asked these particular questions of myself. The first question on if I inspire people was a difficult one to answer. I think of myself as a high performer, and I often get recognized at work as one through feedback and peer recognition programs, but I have never heard any feedback on me being an inspiration. I like to think that my actions and my commitment would inspire others, but I simply do not know nor can I confirm that because I have never been told that directly (McKee, Boyatzis, & Johnson, 2008).

Another challenging part of this assessment for me was the question on if I create an emotional tone characterized by hope, I always try to stay positive in the workplace but working in an industry with a great amount of red tape to work through has jaded me in some capacity, though I may be rather positive overall I can’t help but get pulled into some of the culture surrounding the challenges (McKee et al., 2008).

In conducting the assessment, I was rather impressed with myself in the capacity of being in touch with other, showing compassion, and being authentic. These elements are ones that I can confirm that I am skilled in applying as I have received direct feedback about my compassion, authenticity and just simply being down to earth and easy to approach and share with. Being a leader, I have always been the person that teammates are comfortable going to, and I have always stayed true to myself and these are things that are imperative to being a successful resonant leader in the workplace (McKee et al., 2008).

Overall, this exercise helped me identify where I can work to grow as a resonant leader as well as areas that I am already excelling in. I will certainly take these self learnings and apply them to my work as a leader, with the goal to becoming an effective resonant leader.



Reference
McKee, A., Boyatzis, R., & Johnston, F. (2008). Becoming a resonant leader. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Publishing.

Comments

Popular Posts