A633.7.3.RB - Leader Follower Relationship

Throughout this course my thinking on what adaptive leadership is has certainly shifted. In completing the exercise in this week’s module it was made clear that I have a better understanding on how to lead as an adaptive leader then I did during the beginning of this course. My exercise results we’re rather strong as I applied much of our learnings to the scenario based questions. Interestingly enough within a time of great organizational shift at my own company I was lead by the strongest adaptive leader I know, but at the time I simply perceived her as a great leader.

My own thinking on adaptive leadership has really shifted because my understanding of the subject and best practices has broadened. I now understand that the goal of effective adaptive leadership is to enable the devolve style as much as possible within the organization (Obolensky, 2016). In evaluating my own results in the assessment I think it will be imperative to comeback to this assessment to remind myself of the importance and real meaning of adaptive leadership. The exercise of recognizing what aligns best with adaptive leadership and what I would choose to do with the knowledge I have is reliant on that knowledge being top of mind. In future leadership endeavors I will come back to the learning gleaned in this course so I can continue to coach myself on how to be a better and more effective adaptive leader.

Reference
Obolensky, N. (2016). Complex adaptive leadership: Embracing paradox and uncertainty. (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Routledge.

Comments

Popular Posts